Approximate time to make: 30 minutes
Crafters glue stick
One (1) sheet of printer paper
One (1) sheet of coloured cardstock (8.5” x 11”)
One (1) sheet of white cardstock (8.5” x 11”)
One (1) sheet of decorative scrapbook paper (4” x 6”)
Coloured scrap paper large enough to draw the bird templates
One (1) white shipping label (2” x 4”) or white printer paper cut to size
One (1) white return address label (1.75” x 0.5”) or white printer paper cut to size
One (1) envelope (6” x 9”)
1. Fold coloured cardstock in half along long edge to make a card size of 5.5” x 8.5” (bottom fold card). Using a paper cutter, trim off one inch along short edge of the folded card to reduce the length from 8.5” to 7.5.”
2. Measure white cardstock into two segments of 4.5” x 6.5” and cut. There will be two sheets of white cardstock for this card.
3. Measure and cut decorative scrapbook paper into a 4” x 6” rectangle.
4. Print Template – Mother Bird Mother’s Day Card Tutorial onto printer paper and trace onto desired coloured cardstock. Then cut out each piece.
5. Glue one pre-cut white cardstock on cover of coloured cardstock and the other inside bottom flap, leaving a border all around of approximately 0.5”.
6. On cover, glue decorative scrapbook paper onto white cardstock, leaving a border all around of approximately 0.25”.
7. Position and glue the two birds on the cover where desired, positioning the mother bird to face the baby bird with her wings wrapped around the baby bird in a hug (see photo below). Using a black marker, draw a half moon on the head of each bird to form the eyes.
8. Print Labels – Mother’s Day Message on a 2” x 4” label and Labels – Signature (Blank) on a 1.75” x 0.5” label (alternatively, print on white printer paper and cut to size). Change letters to colours of choice, as needed.
9. Attach “Mother’s Day Message” label to inside bottom flap of card in the centre of the white cardstock. Attach Signature label to the back of card (bottom centre).
10. Include an envelope with card.
I hope that you will find peace and inspiration through my blog and handmade creations!
Subscribe below to receive a monthly newsletter with crafting tutorials, recipes, and information about green living.
Subscribe to my Newsletter Here