Father’s Day is coming up in two weeks. Even if you can’t visit with your dad because of pandemic restrictions, you can still make him feel “WANTED” by making him a western-themed handmade card to express just how much he means to you.
Approximate time to make: 30 minutes
Fine-tipped black marker (0.5 mm recommended)
Hot glue gun with glue stick
Printer and ink
Card Supplies Needed
One (1) sheet of beige kraft cardstock (8.5” x 11”)
One (1) sheet of white cardstock (8.5” x 11”)
One (1) sheet of wood plank scrapbook paper (12” x 12”)
Scrap pieces of chocolate brown and yellow cardstock (large enough to draw the cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and sheriff badge)
One (1) white return address label (1.75” x 0.5”) or white printer paper cut to size
One (1) envelope (6” x 9”)
Four (4) pieces of 3D double-sided tape
Beige hemp string, twine or jute (14”), divided
Eight (8) round black glittering stickers (optional)
1. Fold the beige kraft cardstock in half along long edge to make a card size of 5.5″ x 8.5” (side fold card).
2. Measure and cut the wood plank scrapbook paper into two sheets of 5” x 8” and glue one sheet on the cover of the card and one sheet inside the right flap of the card, leaving an even 0.25” border all around.
3. Print the WANTED Father’s Day Card (FREE Printable) poster on white cardstock.
*Before printing: uncheck the box “fit picture to frame” to ensure part of the page won’t be cut off.
4. With a paper cutter or scissors, trim off all the excess white spaces and cut the paper in half between the two posters. Set aside the strip with the cowboy hat, cowboy boots and sheriff badge.
5. Apply glue to the back of the “WANTED” poster and attach to the cover of the card, centering in the middle of the wood plank scrapbook paper.
6. Open the flap of the card and repeat step #5 with the “YEEHAW” poster.
7. From the strip with the cowboy hat, cowboy boots and sheriff badge that you set aside earlier, cut out each item and use a pencil to trace them onto scrap coloured cardstock as follows: cowboy boots and cowboy hat on chocolate brown cardstock; and sheriff’s star on yellow cardstock.
8. Cut out the cowboy hat, cowboy boots and sheriff badge from the coloured cardstock.
9. Using a fine-tipped black marker, write the word “Dad” across the star, and draw the following design on the each cowboy boot:
10. Measure and cut pieces of hemp string as follows: 10 inches for the rope, 2 inches for the cowboy hat, 1 inch for each boot.
11. To make the rope, wrap 10″ of hemp string around two fingers and glue ends together with hot glue, pressing down onto the cover of the card where desired. If needed, add a dab of extra hot glue to fix the rope into position.
12. Wrap the remaining pieces of hemp string around the ankles of each boot and the brim of the hat, gluing to the back with hot glue.
13. Attach strips of double-sided 3D tape to the back of the cowboy boots, cowboy hat and sheriff badge. Then attach onto the cover of the card wherever desired.
14. Stick round black glittering stickers over the black dots at each corner of the “WANTED” and “YEEHAW” posters (optional).
15. Print Labels – Signature (Blank) on a 1.75” x 0.5” label (alternatively, print on white printer paper and cut to size). Change letters to colours of choice, as needed. Attach to the back of card (bottom centre).
16. Include an envelope with card and wish your father a Howdy Father’s Day!
I hope that you will find peace and inspiration through my blog and handmade creations!
Subscribe below to receive a monthly newsletter with crafting tutorials, recipes, and information about green living.
Subscribe to my Newsletter Here